The House of Representative convened today, May 12, 2017, at 10:21 A.M. in the Chamber of the National Assembly Building, Belmopan. The purpose of the Special Sitting was to introduce the following Bills and also introduce and adopt the below mentioned Motions.
2 Motion were introduced and adopted. They are:
- Caribbean Development Bank – Eighth Consolidated Line od Credit to the Development Finance Corporation – Loan and Guarantee Motion, 2017.
- Caribbean Development Bank – Belize Social Investment Fund III – Loan Motion, 2017.
As well, 9 Bills were introduced. They are:
- Customs and Excise Duties (Amendment) (No. 2) Bill, 2017;
- International Business Companies (Amendment) Bill, 2017;
- General Sales Tax (Amendment) (No.2) Bill, 2017;
- Stamp Duties (Amendment) (No.2) Bill, 2017;
- Economic Development Council Bill, 2017;
- Money Laundering and Terrorism (Prevention) (Amendment) Bill, 2017;
- National Cultural Heritage Preservation Bill, 2017;
- Belize Building (Amendment) Bill, 2017; and
- Trade Licensing (Amendment) Bill, 2017.
Absent at the Meeting were the Hon. Manuel Heredia Jr., Hon. Gaspar Vega, Hon.Francis Fonseca and Hon. Julius Espat. At the beginning of the Meeting, the Honourable Speaker acknowledged the presence of some nurses that were present in the gallery in regards to International Nurses week.
The meeting was adjourned at 1:25 P.M.