The House of Representative convened today, June 30, 2017, at 10:00 A.M. in the Chamber of the National Assembly Building, Belmopan. The purpose of the Special Sitting was to pass the following Bills and also adopt the below mention Motion.
1 Motion was introduced and adopted.
- Caribbean Development Bank Placencia Peninsula Wastewater Management Project – Nutrient Fate and Transport Study – Loan Motion, 2017.
As well, 8 Bills passed. They are:
- Customs and Excise Duties (Amendment) (No. 2) Bill, 2017;
- International Business Companies (Amendment) Bill, 2017;
- General Sales Tax (Amendment) (No.2) Bill, 2017;
- Stamp Duties (Amendment) (No.2) Bill, 2017;
- Economic Development Council Bill, 2017;
- Money Laundering and Terrorism (Prevention) (Amendment) Bill, 2017;
- Belize Building (Amendment) Bill, 2017; and
- National Cultural Heritage Preservation Bill, 2017.
- Trade Licensing (Amendment) Bill, 2017.
The meeting was adjourned at 4:25 P.M.