The Senate met today, June 26, 2019, at 10:06 A.M. in the Chamber of the National Assembly Building, Belmopan for a Special Sitting. At today’s Special Sitting, the Honourable Senate elected a new President, the Honourable Darrell Bradley. The Honourable Bradley was nominated by Leader of Government Business, the Honourable Godwin Hulse, and that proposal was seconded by Dr. Senator the Honourable Carla Barnett. As well, there was the appointment of a new Senator, the Honourable Michel Chebat, as lead Senator for the Opposition.
The below are the proceedings that were on the Orders of the Day:
1. Customs and Excise Duties (Amendment) Bill, 2019.
2. Tax Administration and Procedure Bill, 2019.
3. University of Belize (Amendment) Bill, 2019.
4. Court of Appeal (Amendment) Bill, 2019.
1. Resolution Authorizing the Ratification by Belize of the Multilateral Air Services Agreement Motion, 2019.
2. Resolution Authorizing the Ratification by Belize of the Treaty on Basic Relations Between Belize and the Russian Federation Motion, 2019.
3. Resolution Authorizing the Ratification by Belize of the Treaty Between the Government of Belize and the Government of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland Concerning the Status of United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland Forces in Belize and Defence Cooperation Motion, 2019.
4. Inter-American Development Bank Multilateral Investment Fund III Motion, 2019.
All Members were present at the Special Sitting . The Meeting was adjourned at 12:35 P.M.