Today, October 25, 2017, the Senate convened in the Chamber of the National Assembly Building , Belmopan for a Special Sitting. The agenda consisted of 3 Motions and 8 Bill that was brought from the House of Representative for approval . Those are:
- Accession to the Nairobi International Convention on the Removal of Wrecks Motion, 2017.
- Resolution Authorizing the Ratification by Belize to the Agreement Relating to the Operation of the CARICOM Development Fund (CDF) Motion, 2017.
- The OPEC Fund for International Development US$12,000,000 – Haulover Bridge Replacement Project Loan Motion, 2017.
Bill brought from House of Representatives
- Land Utilization (Amendment) Bill, 2017.
- Registered Land (Amendment) (No.2) Bill, 2017.
- Land Tax (Amendment) (No.2) Bill, 2017.
- Immigration (Amendment) Bill, 2017.
- Belize Trade and Investment Development Service (Amendment) Bill, 2017.
- Married Persons (Protection) (Amendment) Bill, 2017.
- Misuse of Drugs (Amendment) Bill, 2017.
- International Banking (Amendment) Bill, 2017.
The Meeting was called to order at 10:00 A.M. At today’s meeting, all 13 Senators were present.
The Special Sitting was adjourned at 5:05 P.M.