On Thursday, 28th March 2019, the Senate convened in the Chamber of the National Assembly Building , Belmopan for a Special Sitting to debate the Budget for Fiscal Year 2019/2020, as well as to pass the below mentioned Bills, adopt 3 Motions listed and have 2 Paper lie on the Table. The proceedings of the Special Sitting were as follow:
- General Revenue Appropriation (2019/2020) Bill, 2019; and
- Belize Trade and Investment Development Service (Amendment) Bill, 2019.
60/1/13 – Draft Estimates of Revenue and Expenditure for Fiscal Year 2019/2020; and
61/1/13 – The Eighteenth Annual Report of the Ombudsman of Belize for the Year Ending 2018.
Sessional Papers No. 60/1/13 and 61/1/13 were laid on the Table.
- Resolution Authorizing the Ratification by Belize of the Multilateral Air Services Agreement Motion, 2019.
- Resolution Authorizing the Ratification by Belize of the Protocol on Contingent Rights Motion, 2019.
- Official Charities Fund Motion, 2019.
The above mentioned Motions were adopted.
The Meeting was called to order at 10:09 A.M. At today’s meeting, all Senators were present.
The Special Sitting was adjourned at 5:14 P.M.