On Wednesday, 28th November 2018, the Senate convened in the Chamber of the National Assembly Building , Belmopan for a Special Sitting. The proceedings of the Special Sitting were as follow:
- General Revenue Supplementary Appropriation (2018/2019) (No. 2) Bill, 2018.
- Supreme Court of Judicature (Amendment) Bill, 2018.
- Motor Vehicles and Road Traffic (Amendment) Bill, 2018.
- Bills of Sale (Amendment) Bill, 2018.
- General Sales Tax (Amendment) Bill, 2018.
The 5 above mentioned Bills were taken through all its stages.
54/1/13 – Supplementary Appropriation (No.2) Schedule for Fiscal Year 2018/2019.
55/1/13 – Economic Development Council Annual Report 2017.
Sessional Papers No. 54/1/13 and 55/1/13 were all laid on the Table.
- Resolution Authorizing the Acceptance by Belize of the Multilateral Convention to Implement Tax Treaty Related Measures to Prevent Base Erosion and Profit Shifting Motion, 2018.
- Resolution Authorizing the Accession by Belize of the Multilateral Competent Authority Agreement on the Exchange of Country-by-Country (“CbC”) Reports Motion, 2018.
- Inter-American Development Bank – Additional Financing for George Price Highway Rehabilitation Project (US$7,000,000) Loan Motion, 2018.
- Conditional Settlement Agreement between GDG Acquisitions LLC and the Government of Belize Ratification Motion, 2018.
The above mentioned Motions were all adopted.
The Meeting was called to order at 10:05 A.M. At today’s meeting, all Senators were present except for Senator Dr. Carla Barnett and Senator Eamon Courtenay. However, Senator Dr. Barnett was replaced by Temporary Senator, Herbert Panton and Senator Eamon Courtenay was replaced by Temporary Senator, Anthony Mahler.
On the adjournment, Senator Anthony Mahler raised a matter of urgent public importance – “Senseless Killing of our Children”.
The Special Sitting was adjourned at 3:00 P.M.