On Wednesday, March 14, 2018, the Senate convened in the Chamber of the National Assembly Building , Belmopan for a Special Sitting. The agenda consisted of 1 Bill that was passed, 3 Papers brought from the House of Representative for approval and 9 Motions that were adopted. Those were:
Bill brought from House of Representatives
- International Financial Services Commission (Amendment) Bill, 2017.
38/1/13 – Central Bank of Belize – Estimates of Revenue and Expenditure for Fiscal Year 2018.
39/1/13 – Stores Orders (Amendment) Regulations, 2017.
40/1/13 – Financial Orders (Amendment) Regulations, 2017.
1. Resolution Authorizing the Ratification by Belize of the Framework Cooperation Agreement between Belize and the Republic of Honduras Motion, 2018;
2. Resolution Authorizing the Ratification by Belize of the Status of Forces Agreement between Belize and the Kingdom of the Netherlands Concerning the Status of the Armed Forces of the Kingdom of the Netherlands Whilst in Belize Motion, 2018;
3. Resolution Authorizing the Ratification by Belize of the Second Protocol to the Trade and E conomic Cooperation Agreement between the Caribbean Community (CARICOM) and the Government of the Republic of Cuba Motion, 2018;
4. Inter-American Development Bank – Climate Vulnerability Reduction Program Loan Motion, 2018;
5. The OPEC Fund for International Development US$40,000,000 – Upgrading of Caracol Road Project, Phase I Loan Motion, 2018;
6. Stores Orders (Amendment) Regulations, 2017 – Affirmative Motion, 2018;
7. Financial Orders (Amendment) Regulations, 2017 – Affirmative Motion, 2018;
8. International Cooperation and Development Fund of the Republic of China (Taiwan) Loan Guarantee Motion, 2018, In Favor of Belize Telemedia Limited; and
9. Appointment of Ombudsman Motion, 2018.
The Meeting was called to order at 10:03 A.M. At today’s meeting, all Senators were present except for Senator Michael Peyrefitte, Senator Eamon Courtenay and Senator Osmany Salas. However, Senator Peyrefitte was replaced by Temporary Senator, Herbert Panton; Senator Eamon Courtenay was replaced by Temporary Senator Anthony Mahler; and Senator Osmany Salas was replaced by Temporary Senator Edilberto Romero.
The Special Sitting was adjourned at 3:22 P.M.