Today, December 13, 2017, the Senate convened in the Chamber of the National Assembly Building , Belmopan for a Special Sitting. The agenda consisted of 5 Motions and 4 Bills that were brought from the House of Representative for approval. As well there is one Private Motion by Senator Eamon Courtenay along with a Bill for introduction Those are:
- Resolution Authorizing the Ratification by Belize of the Agreement Establishing the Caribbean Disaster Emergency Management Agency (CDEMA) Motion, 2017.
- Resolution Authorizing the Ratification by Belize of the Agreement Establishing the Caribbean Centre for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency (CCREEE) Motion, 2017.
- Resolution Authorizing the Ratification by Belize of the Agreement Between the Government of the Republic of India and the Government of Belize on Exemption from Visa Requirement for Holders of Diplomatic and Official/Service Passports Motion, 2017.
- Government of the Republic of China (Taiwan) US$40,000,000.00 Loan Motion, 2017.
- Appointment of Contractor-General Motion, 2017.
Bill brought from House of Representatives
- Belize National AIDS Commission (Amendment) Bill, 2017.
- Water Industry (Amendment) Bill, 2017.
- Petroleum Operations (Maritime Zone Moratorium) Bill, 2017.
- Stake Bank Cruise Docking Facility Development (Amendment) Bill, 2017
- Motion for Leave from the Senate to Introduce the Maritime Areas (Amendment) Bill, 2017. (Senator Eamon Courtenay)
The Meeting was called to order at 10:05 A.M. At today’s meeting, all 13 Senators were present.
The Special Sitting was adjourned at 2:10 P.M.